Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

SPz Marder 1A3 by Revell [Gallery]

 Making modern armored vehicles seem interesting has always been intriguing to me. Yes, there may be some subjects, that can be heavily weathered and thus be made into unique models. But what about those vehicles that are well maintained an d do not really leave that much romm for chipping, rust and the likes of it?

A build where I had to answer myself that question was Revells 1/72 Marder 1A3. This IFV served (and in modified from still serves) in the German Bundeswehr. With it´s NATO three-tone camo it has a rather resilient camoflage and is rarely if ever seen scratched and rusted. But still, those vehicles get very muddy and or dusty during maneuvers. This is the look I went for: A well maintained vehicle that has got dust during maneuvers. 

The kit went together well and I only replaced some handles with wire. Enjoy the pictures!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Attack Humber Armoured Car Mk. II [Gallery]

After a good bit of a modelling-mojo-boost I got from visiting the Euro Model Expo 2022 in Lingen, I managed to finish the Attack 1/72 scale...