Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2022

Attack Humber Armoured Car Mk. II [Gallery]

After a good bit of a modelling-mojo-boost I got from visiting the Euro Model Expo 2022 in Lingen, I managed to finish the Attack 1/72 scale Humber Mk. II I reviewed previously. Having suffered a few setbacks on other models, it has been a considerable joy to get one finished to an acceptable finish. 

 

I ended up replacing the kit-provided fuel cans on the side fenders ("Flimsies") with ones I 3D-printed using files from the cults3d.com user 3D72nd. The models are really nice and I printed them on my Anycubic Photon Mono. As for the paintjob, I went with a basic light stone/desert yellow vehicle from North Africa 1942. Dark chips were applied without alighter layer beneath as the contrast to the basic paint was quite nice with just the dark chips. Different enamels and oils were used to create the dusty appearance. 

Enjoy the final photos and take care! 

Tom











No comments:

Post a Comment

Attack Humber Armoured Car Mk. II [Gallery]

After a good bit of a modelling-mojo-boost I got from visiting the Euro Model Expo 2022 in Lingen, I managed to finish the Attack 1/72 scale...